- Best Mechanics Tool Set For The Money
- What is the best mechanic tool set?
- 1) Pittsburgh 130 Piece Mechanics Tool Set with Case
- 2) Stanley 92-839 Black Chrome and Socket Set, 99-Piece
- 3) Stanley STMT71653 145-Piece Mechanics Tool Set
- 4) Crescent CTK170CMP2 170-Piece Mechanics Tool Set
- 5) Stanley Mechanics Tool Set – 201 Piece
- 6) DeWalt Mechanics Tool Set DWMT75049 192 Pieces
- 7) Husky 200 pieces Mechanics Tool Set with Steel Tool Chest
- 8) Craftsman Mechanics Tools Set 263 Piece with 4 Drawers Storage Case
- 9) Pittsburgh 301 Piece Mechanics Tool Set
- 10) Klutch Mechanics Tool Set 305 Piece
- 11) Husky 432 Piece Mechanics Tool Set
- Some Basic Mechanics Tools You Will Find In Every Kit
- Share this:
Best Mechanics Tool Set For The Money
We have made a experts recommended comprehensive mechanics tool sets list according to price and pieces.
What is the best mechanic tool set?
It all depends upon your requirement while we have made some expert choice here
Best Tool Sets For Mechanics By Price
Pittsburgh 130 piece tool set with case, the case is very nice and hold all the tools well, looking at the sockets there are 40 different sockets it has, and they’re both SAE as well as metric.
This tool set contains some very handy tools, like a small hammer, pliers, wire cutters, wrenches, ratchets, screw drivers, anchors, fasteners, tape measurements, utility knife, etc.
I like this set it is a complete set, I would call it for use of light to medium project, best available starter mechanics tools available under $50.
Best mechanics basic toolset to keep in the car available with blow mold storage case.
Tool set Includes
- Ten combination wrenches
- 20 Hex wrenches
- Measurement tape
- Utility knife
- Multiple screws for woods, nails,
- 10 Screwdrivers
- Multiple sockets
- Bits adapters
- Extension bars
- 40 long bits
Stanley tool set, this comes in a plastic blow mold case.
All tools have that laser sighting or laser labeling on it so really excellent design they call this black chrome I think is what Stanley calls this.
If you needed to work on some bigger stuff, this isn’t going to do it for you, but this will cover most homeowners stuff this will cover the most basic automotive repair.
And then you can also buy some more stuff that Stanley probably has to add to this too may be complete your homeowner set or maybe just kind of a home repair set for doing things around the house that kind of thing good for the money.
- 33 – 1/4” Max Drive sockets
- 39 – 3/8” Max Drive sockets
- 1 – 3/8” Ratchet Arm
- 1 – 1/4” pear head ratchet arm
145 Piece Stanley tool set, the nice quality you get for something that is literally a fraction of the cost.
Good Thing about Stanley I personally like if any Stanley mechanic’s tool ever fails for any reason Stanley will replace it no proof of purchase required do not return the product to the store simply call the number and Stanley will ship a replacement.
You’re always going to need something good for the money but for $60 that’s a lot of tools, to me is definitely the way to go if you’re a shade tree mechanic or just looking for something to turn some wrenches on your family car or when your kids bicycle breaks in short a good mechanic tool set.
Tool set Includes
- 16 Pc 1/4 in. drive 6-point deep sockets
- 3 Pc 3/8 in. drive 6-point spark plug sockets
- 12 PC combination wrenches,
- 10 Pc nut bits
- Includes 1/4 in. drive pear-head ratchet
- 1 Pc 3/8 in. drive pear-head ratchet
- 1 Pc 1/4 in. drive 6 in. extension bar
- 1 Pc 3/8 in. drive 3 in. extension bar,
- 1 Pc 3/8 in. drive universal joint
- 5 Pc 3/8 in. drive 12-point sockets
- 20 Pc 3/8 in. drive 6-point sockets
- 9 Pc 1/4 in. drive 6-point sockets
- 16 Pc hex keys (SAE and metric)
- 30 Pc 1/4 in. drive specialty bits
- And Few Other Tools
Crescent CTK170CMP2 170-Piece Toolset, it’s a pretty big tool kit, and it’s a 170 pieces starter type tool set.
Starting with some metric and SAE & Allen wrenches, extensions, adapter, ratchets, half inch brackets, channel, metric and standard cross and much more.
It’s a pretty good sized toolkit with about 31 pounds of weight so it’s a pretty hefty one, as I said it’s pretty size toolkit and you could easily carry it, and it is a good option to keep it in your car.
Under 100 bucks this tool set is great for the money, and it is a nice toolset to give someone as a birthday present.
Tool Set Includes
- SAE Hex Keys with Holder
- 140+ Quick Release Tooth (different sizes)
- Allen / Hex Keys with holder
- Driver Bits
- Screw Drivers
The Stanley mechanics 201 piece toolset is a super heavy-duty toolkit, providing you with everything you could ever need no more scrounging around for the right socket everything is at your fingertips.
The kit comes with an assortment of spanners, ratchets, sockets, drill bits and Allen keys or Hex keys perfect for your jobs around the house or workshop
Included in the set are both metric and imperial sizes, and every piece is properly stored in a durable, handy plastic case keeping them clean and dust free with the.
Stanley mechanics 201 piece toolset the right tool in the right size is only a fingertip away.
- 28 Allen Keys
- 85 Metric & Imperial Deep Sockets
- 8 Different Wrenches
- 6 Different Ratchets
- Dust free heavy duty case
- Different Handles & Holders Included in the set
DeWalt DWMT75049 and its 192 piece mechanic’s tool set, this set primarily consists of sockets and ratchets extensions & everything to do with a ratchet and covers the need as far as mechanics go for sockets and ratchets.
Many of its consumers believe it is one of the best mechanics tool set for the money for automotive works.
Sockets are made from chrome vanadium so much like many other sockets on the market but where they differ a lot is you’ll notice that number one they’ve got their direct torque technology.
So big great kit for somebody beginning even if they’re not a beginner.
Tool Set Includes
- 72 Tooth gear system for high torque ratcheting works
- 14 Pieces metric hex key
- 14 Pieces standard hex keys
- 36 deep & drive sockets.
- 12 Pieces Extensions
- 6 Adapters
- 3 Universal Joints
- 4 Plug Sockets
- Various other handles and bits
The husky tools 200-piece starter tool set with the three steel chest that has three sliding draws, The top comes empty when you buy it; there are no tools at the top it is about two inches height here you could put extra sockets.
The toolbox it’s pretty heavy you don’t want to be carrying this long distance, the tools seem to work very well for all, from beginners to professionals this is a complete tool set.
The set’s construction is alloy steel for strength and long lasting performance Combination Wrench, Hex Keys, Hex Keys, Multi-Bit Screwdriver, Nut Driver Bits, Screw driving Bits, Socket Adapter, Socket Adapter, Socket Extender, Sockets it has got it all.
- 72-tooth full-polish ratchets
- 20 short-arm hex keys
- Tool chest with three draws
- 19 Deep Sockets
- 10 Standard Sockets
- 43 Screw Driver Bits
- Multiple extension Bars
263 piece Craftsman mechanic toolset; it’s great for working on cars to working on motorcycles. This tool box has everything you possibly need except some advance tools.
The only thing I would recommend probably buying addition to this is the longer extension
We found it to be the most convenient box to keep in the house or wherever you’re working on and a complete tool sets for mechanic.
The cool thing about it that I like is that everything within this box has its spots with a label so if you’re missing something you will easily know.
Tools Included in this set
- Set includes 150 sockets in 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 in. Drive sizes
- Eight drive tools
- 42 combination wrenches
- 63 specialty tools
- fitted 4-drawer blow-molded chest for storage
This is the Pittsburgh professional 301-piece mechanic’s tool kit, available in great plastic case and it weighs about 50 pounds
Inside the case you have
- 158 SAE & metric sockets
- 48 SAE & metric bit sockets
- 24 screwdrivers
- Three pliers (diagonal cutting, long nose, linesman)
- 10 SAE & metric combination wrenches
- 42 SAE & metric hex keys
- Extension bars and adapters
- Ratchets and universal joint adapters
- Heavy duty blow mold storage case
I highly recommend this tool set because it contains a lot of hard to find tools and it comes in a nice organized case.
This mechanics tool set from Klutch includes over 300 pieces, giving you everything you need for any kind of project in your garage or shop.
- a quarter inch drive set
- a three-eighths inch drive set
- a half inch drive set
Each featuring a variety of SAE and metric sockets and drive tools, so you’ll have whatever you need right at your fingertips.
All together it includes
- 173 sockets
- 24 drive tools and accessories
- 72 combination wrenches
- Two folding hex key sets
- 4 screwdrivers
- And 30 driver bits
Each piece is constructed of durable chrome vanadium steel, and it’s all backed by a lifetime guarantee, Tackle any job in your garage or shop with this comprehensive 305 piece mechanics tool set from Klutch.
So here is Husky 432 piece professional toolset for mechanics , I think this is the best mechanics toolset you can buy for the money.
It comes with all this stuff you get ratcheting, wrenches, of course, you get all the sockets you get tips and you get all the regular wrenches and you get these little micro wrenches, combo wrenches you get extensions to breaker bars, you get all these bits plus the two different drivers that you can use, and the list goes on and on.
Premium chrome finishing for easy clean off, I think this Husky 432 piece mechanics toolset is the absolute beast mechanics toolset you can buy for the money.
432 Pieces Tool Set Includes
- Up to 70+ Deep Sockets Different Sizes
- up to 70+ Drive Sockets Different Sizes
- 20 Hex Key set Different Sizes
- 24 Midgets Different Sizes
- 35 Wrenches Different Sizes
- 35 Ratcheting Wrenches Different Sizes
- 50 Ratchets Different Sizes
- Multiple extension bars
Last update on 2019-07-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API